Best pathfinding ever

Just for kicks I loaded up a map to really put the new pathfinding system to the test. I spawned 600 (not a typo) UEF Assault Bots and gave them all a move order. To my surprise, they quickly grouped up into a nice square and started heading towards their destination. After reaching their destination, I gave them another move order to the left. The quickly reformed their group and started moving.

As a real test I spawned a Fatboy and made the 600 units and the Fatboy move towards each other. The Fatboy went right through the platoon without a problem and the units regrouped on the other side and continued moving.

Was amazing to see. Try that in FA.

3 comments:

Fingolfin said... / September 19, 2009 at 5:06 PM  

This is truly wonderful news. Great job guys, ground-breaking stuff!

Trix said... / September 21, 2009 at 5:45 PM  

What sucks is I am stuck with FA. I absolutely hate my units entering an enemy base 1 by 1. The games last longer than they need to because of this flaw.

Schmuck said... / October 1, 2009 at 12:47 AM  

you realise Triz that there is such a thing as formation move, right?

Post a Comment