Another Demigod bug bites the dust

Well, I am fairly certain I was able to fix the problem with using an ability against an enemy and then having your hero stop to attack the nearest thing. Monday I will try to take a look at why some abilities cancel abilities in progress and some don't. Hopefully I can get the time to track that down, but no guarantees. I still have a lot of tasks on my plate for SupCom 2.

Looks like I am going to start assisting on the AI here in the next week or so. I am going to start play testing to get a feel for it before I start working on the AI. Not sure yet what I am going to be doing exactly, but I like working on AI so I am sure I will enjoy whatever AI work comes my way.

I am excited to get a chance to play the game. There is so much work to be done that to stop and play the game just feels wrong. I guess that is a feeling I am going to have to get over. Playing the game is part of my job and I just have to adjust my mindset to accept that fact; it isn't playing, it is work. It just happens to be fun work.

I have to say, this is the first job I have had where I actually look forward to working. Don't get me wrong, all things equal, I would rather be home with the family. But, if I have to have a job to go to, this is it. I think a lot of the people that work at GPG have the same mindset, and it shows.

Some really interesting features went in this week to make the game even less micro intensive and to make the end game battles more epic. The main focus of this project has been making things more about battles, less about micro, and I think it works. I will get a better idea in the next week or so during play tests and give you my opinion.

3 comments:

Spooky said... / October 17, 2009 at 1:53 PM  

Last paragraph sounds interesting :D

John said... / October 17, 2009 at 3:45 PM  

The last paragraph sounds neat, I'm looking forward to hearing more about that. And hearing that you'll be working on the AI is awesome.

-Mooilo

EdWood said... / October 17, 2009 at 7:17 PM  

Hey that sounds really great. :)

Can you tell us a bit more about the AI plans? I heard that CT was talking about Neural Net AI and stuff? How does it work, or lets say, is it as good as it sounds?

Ed :)

Post a Comment