Our effects guys rock

Coding something and seeing it become part of the game is a whole different experience than coding for a mod. I used to get an incredible sense of gratification when I would finish adding a new feature to the AI or the Lobby Enhancement Mod. Now, not only do I get an even bigger sense, but my co-workers can share in the enthusiasm.

I finished adding a new Cybran ACU weapon upgrade today that I have been waiting to do for a while. Code-wise it was pretty cool. Nothing too complicated, but I have a vision of what it will look in-game, and my vision looks awesome. Now, the thing I like about our effects guys is they get just as excited about doing a really cool effect as I do imagining it.

So, I told the guy that was going to be doing the effect for this new weapon upgrade what I imagined it should look like. I got to see a rough version of the effect before I left work today and it was looking really nice. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Overall the game is looking a lot nicer. It is amazing how much effects can change the feel of the game. Stuff that seemed kind of overlooked in SupCom is getting the royal treatment for SupCom 2.

2 comments:

Smoot said... / October 6, 2009 at 11:47 PM  

Very cool stuff!

Peter said... / October 7, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

Nice,

I can really imagine how you must feel, especially when its a game you really like and enjoy.
Great! :)

Rock on, Ed :)

Post a Comment