Well, I managed to survive the week. I wont hear whether or not Square Enix approved it until Monday, but I don't think there will be an issue. The game is pretty solid. We had some downtime Friday since we had to lock down the code so we could compile a build for SE. Most people got in some play tome to test the build. A few guys got together and had an hour long slug fest (they turtled a lot).

During the downtime I got some polish work done on Demigod. I think I finally got Occulus' Chain Lightning ability working well. These new demigods are awesome. Demon Assassin is still my favorite, but Occulus is definitely fun. Being able to zap a big group of grunts with lightning is very fun, especially now that it works right. Before, there was a high probably of hitting one or two before the chain stopped.

Looking forward to next week. Should be a bit milder pace and I have made it through all of my priority 1 and 2 bugs.

3 comments:

Tobias Fong C.W. said... / October 11, 2009 at 12:45 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tobias Fong C.W. said... / October 11, 2009 at 12:46 AM  

Cool!

So you mean games will go a lot faster now? Especially if we don't turtle? Or will turtling be an essential strategy like in the original Supreme Commander. I thought Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance's gameplay was better, though, but I'm hoping they favor aggressive players as opposed to defensive turtling players.

Thanks for fixing the word verification thing, though. You the man!

Sorian said... / October 11, 2009 at 1:06 AM  

Well, from what I heard from the 3 the game should have been over a lot sooner. They weren't going for the killing blow since the idea was to stress test the game. Most games I have seen have been 25 minutes or less 1v1 with 2 skilled players.

Like I have said before, though, the balance has been constantly changing.

Post a Comment