What a way to end the week

We had a company outing to the movies to watch Zombieland. That movie was hilarious. Things have been so hectic this week it was nice to have some down time and laugh.

Next week is the last week of milestone 13. For those of you who do not know, milestones are simply points in the project where certain features are supposed to be in the game and working. At the end of each milestone we create a build of the project and send it to the publisher for approval. The publisher expects the features that are supposed to be included in the milestone to be working. That is why it can get hectic towards the end of a milestone. These last few milestones have been especially hectic because they were really short.

Once the publisher approves a milestone we can breathe a small sigh of relief and continue working on the next milestone. Luckily milestone 14 is about twice as long as 13. Hopefully, for the next project I will get a better understanding of how milestone dates are chosen and such. I came into SupCom 2 too late to get an understanding of how that is determined.

In the midst of all the chaos, I was still able to finish my Demigod work Thursday. Patch 1.2 is really starting to shape up. I can't wait to see the new Demigods after all of their effects are in place. Should be really nice. Demon Assassin is still my favorite.

I expect next week to be just as hectic, if not more so. I also expect some more tasks to be transferred to me from other people's backlogs, since mine is so short at the moment. It is only short because the bulk of the work I have left for milestone 13 is bug hunting. Hopefully, I inherit some more cool projects.

2 comments:

Peter said... / October 3, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

Thxs again for your blog.
I was about to ask you how they set the milestones, but you already answered that one. The only thing I can think of is that these are being already set at the conception and planning phase of the game, just a guess.
Have fun next week, am looking forward to it and your posts.

Have a nice weekend, Ed :)

Tobias Fong C.W. said... / October 3, 2009 at 8:08 PM  

Oh well, make sure you don't overwork yourself and take some time off to relax. Good that GPG take you guys out on movie outings once in a while.

Best of luck to your future projects! Bug hunting huh?

"Is this going to be a stand-up fight, sir? Or another bug hunt?"

Post a Comment