Patch 1.2 delayed

Ended up doing more demigod work Thursday and Friday. On Wednesday Stardock wanted us to make it so players that did not have the new Demigods would not be able to play with them in single player, but the AIs could still play as them. Unfortunately, there was still a bug that only appeared if someone was assigned to random that had access to all the DLC (which I did not during my tests). So, I had to fix that Thursday.

By now you know Stardock has delayed the 1.2 patch until next week. Since it is delayed I got approval to add one more feature. Patrick had come up with a good point that the only way the AI could be assigned one of the new Demigods was at random, and that kinda sucked. So, I got approval to change it so you could assign an AI to play as one of the new DLC Demigods, even if you did not have access to play them yourself. I was also able to fix the Demon Assassin sliding issue that showed up in Frogboy's video.

I am getting a chance to work deeper in the AI than I had expected. I have even got a chance to add new functions to the Platoon and AiBrain classes that I would have loved to have had in Forged Alliance. The work, however, seems never ending at this point and the milestone is getting closer. We have a huge whiteboard in our office with a list of things that need to get worked on and every time we get to erase something another item gets put on the whiteboard. Actually, I think the whiteboard was fuller Friday than it was the Friday before.

The good thing about there being so much AI work is I get to work on some really fun and interesting stuff, rather than just doing the data side stuff. The more code side stuff I can do the more cool core stuff Dru will have a chance to get to.

I also got a chance to playtest with Eric this week. We had an epic battle on a nice small 4 player map. I played heavy land and it was awesome. He definitely dominated the map, but I put up a good fight.

9 comments:

Tobias Fong C.W. said... / November 14, 2009 at 11:30 AM  

Cool!

Could you please tell us what is Platoon AI and AIBrain and how they are going to differ from the other classes?

Sorian said... / November 14, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

The Platoon class was in SC and FA. It is the class that controls AI platoons (groups of units).

The AiBrain class was also in FA. It stores information about each army in the game.

Sevenix said... / November 15, 2009 at 5:22 AM  

If you are able to program so people can pick the DLC demigods in singleplayer even though they didnt "buy" the DLC, it sounds to me it wouldnt be that hard to hack so you can also do the same in LAN, which would be a bad thing I suppose.
I also suppose the same hack would be quite impossible to do online though as Im sure some check is made when you login to your Impulse account.

Tobias Fong C.W. said... / November 15, 2009 at 9:02 AM  

Thanks for the information!

I didn't realize they were already in Forged Alliance. Should have checked the settings properly. Heh. But good to know. Thanks again!

Nathan said... / November 18, 2009 at 7:35 AM  

Whiteboards, don't trust them Sorian! They fill themselves when you are not looking! :D
Thanks for enabling the new DLC demigods for the AI, at least we will be able to see some of their effects and abilities.

Greetings Col. Jessep

Sevenix said... / November 18, 2009 at 11:19 AM  

Sorian, your fix to TBs ring of fire turned out too good, It stays forever :D

Btw, if you dont have anything programing:ish to write about I would love to hear a bit about the office itself, the coffee room, a few pics etc. perhaps? :D

Sorian said... / November 19, 2009 at 8:05 AM  

Been busy this week. Will try to get a new post up asap. Got 34 hours in so far this week.

Sevenix said... / November 19, 2009 at 6:08 PM  

patch 1.2 was released just 2 hours ago \o/
Your TB fire auto attack fix doesn't seem to work though. ;)

Sorian said... / November 19, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

No reason why it shouldn't. I did say it was kind of a hacky fix, but I thought it would be better to at least try.

Post a Comment