Milestone 14 is behind us, mostly

Well, the stress and chaos of milestone 14 is behind us, for the most part. There are still a few things Square wants done before milestone 14 is officially given their blessing. Now we are on to bug triage and squashing. From now until release (or I get assigned to our other project) my job will be going through any bugs assigned to me and fixing them.

I know it sounds monotonous, but I really like it. Every bug I squash makes the game better and more playable. Also, some of the bugs I have worked on this week are more like feature requests. A couple of them are just things to add to the overall immersion of the game. I really like that kind of stuff. I really can't wait for this game to be released so I can talk in more detail about some of the work I was involved in.

I have spent so much time coding in C++ over the past month and now I am having to do a lot more lua work to fix bugs, it is weird. My lua code is starting to look off. I am so used to putting semicolons at the end of lines that I have to stop myself from doing it in lua. I can't tell you the number of times I have forgotten to write "then" this week (C++ does not use "then"). I thought going back and forth between projects was hard, going back and forth between languages after such a long break between them is harder.

Our company Christmas party is tomorrow afternoon, so I imagine there wont be a whole lot of work going on after it starts. I will probably try to get a playtest in tomorrow morning sometime. I am betting the AI thrashes me, but we will see.

I saw some balance changes for Occulus go in either yesterday or the day before and a build got fired off. Hopefully this means a patch for Demigod is going through Stardock QA.

15 comments:

EdWood said... / December 17, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

Thx, Sorian.

Sounds really nice what going on right now.
I understand that you like bug fixing, making a good product even better. :)
Although it sounds like there won't be any beta.
Anyway, can't wait to hold this game in my hands.

Have fun tomorrow at the party. :)

Sevenix said... / December 17, 2009 at 2:54 PM  

If you need anyone to help you playtest Im sure there are a few people here willing to sacrifice some of their freetime to help you out ;)

Sevenix said... / December 17, 2009 at 2:55 PM  

When I posted that comment Repcacha forced me to type "testr" :D
True story

DeadMG said... / December 18, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

What other project? It seems curious that you wouldn't just say Demigod if you meant that.

Sorian said... / December 18, 2009 at 1:22 PM  

@DeadMG: Our other, unannounced, project.

John said... / December 18, 2009 at 5:32 PM  

Is that the one Jables is working on?

Sorian said... / December 18, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

@John: Yes. I will probably be moving over there next month.

EdWood said... / December 19, 2009 at 12:59 AM  

@ Sorian,

if so, nice greeting to Jables, he did an awesome job with FA. Have fun working with him. :)

Ed

DeadMG said... / December 19, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

Agreed, props to Jables.

Is there any chance we could see a 64bit build of SupCom2?

Sorian said... / December 19, 2009 at 10:06 AM  

With current time table, I doubt it. Already doing XBox 360 and PC together.

olivier said... / December 20, 2009 at 6:56 AM  

Got feedbacks about supcom 2 from my favourite PC-Gaming mag (CanardPC) .... As far as i understood : No GPGNET2 but full steam .... Games less "Moddable" than in Supcom/FA, lower amount of units displayed simultaneously on the screen .... not that Supcom 2 will not be a solid STR, but old good FA days are gone :-(

Sevenix said... / December 20, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

Not steam!
It better not require it anyway :/

EdWood said... / December 20, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

Hm, I would prefer GPGNet too, but I played the Ruse Beta and Steam worked fine.

Brian said... / December 20, 2009 at 11:58 AM  

Plz tell me Steam DOES NOT have to use regional servers for every game . That split the Empire Total War community - and KILLED the MP !
(No universal chat )

EdWood said... / December 20, 2009 at 12:15 PM  

Oh that would be bad.
R.U.S.E. has a unversal chat, there are unversal chatgroups...for example in RUSE are about 100 people in chat. Works fine, nothing compared with GPGNET but it works.

About regional servers, that would be very bad. I hope this won't be the case. :(

Post a Comment