Still plugging away

So far I have not gotten a response from Square Enix, so I am taking that as a no for the time being. We'll see what happens.

Things have been very busy lately. Hence, my lack of a recent post. I am currently typing this up while waiting on compiles. To say things have been hectic would be a huge understatement. Every bug is a huge deal because at this point every bug is probably blocking someone else in some way.

Great example would be yesterday afternoon. I probably lost an hour (maybe more) when I was trying to get AI platoons to use a particular ability. It turns out the task that handles this ability was not working properly so it screwed up my testing. I had to go in and fix the task so it would work right. I lost another hour yesterday when I was trying to make a group of units break from a platoon. It turns out I was putting the units in the wrong squad. It should not have caused the game to crash, so it was not immediately obvious that that was the problem.

Despite the setbacks, things have been progressing nicely on the the AI. I just got told I was going back to fixing gameplay bugs for the remainder of the week. I just have to finish this last AI feature. Fixing gameplay bugs is not as fun as AI programming, but it is still fun and Gordon could definitely use a hand. After this week I will be going back and forth between fixing gameplay bugs, balancing the AI, and fixing AI related bugs.

In Demigod news, we sent Stardock a new build almost 2 weeks ago, so hopefully they should be releasing a patch sometime in the future. Not sure when, or even if they will.

8 comments:

Sevenix said... / December 9, 2009 at 4:45 PM  

Stardock probably plan to release the patch along with the ladder reset (epoch 3) this week.
Any highlights in the patchnotes you can share?

Dunbar said... / December 9, 2009 at 9:59 PM  

A response from Square Enix regarding what??

Tobias Fong C.W. said... / December 9, 2009 at 10:59 PM  

That's a secret =) If he could tell us, he wouldn't need to wait for Square Enix's permission.

Yay! I really hate bugs, and I'm glad to see that they're being fixed!

Sorian said... / December 10, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

@Dunbar: Regarding a topic I wanted to talk about.

Marc said... / December 13, 2009 at 12:03 PM  

Supcom2 looks amazing so far!:D (for those interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tdXT6e-ySw )

olivier said... / December 13, 2009 at 12:14 PM  

OMG ! AWESOME !
http://www.gameswelt.ch/videos/videoarticles/16513-Supreme_Commander_2_-_Entwicklerpraesentation_mit_Chris_Taylor.html

BulletMagnet said... / December 13, 2009 at 9:21 PM  

*hopes it's something to do with modding*

EdWood said... / December 14, 2009 at 12:23 PM  

Hi Sorian,

so how was Milestone 14? Everything went like expected? :)

Post a Comment