New game announced

Kings and Castles, the next big thing from Gas Powered Games, has officially been announced. Check out www.kingsandcastles.com and see the new blog. Apparently, Chris has decided for a more open and informative approach this time around. I wonder where they got the idea to have a blog.

Unfortunately, this is not the project I am on at the moment, but hope to be in the next couple of months. The project I am on is an external short term project that I, unfortunately, cannot talk about. I was able to see a short demo of the new game last week and it looks interesting. I don't have a whole lot of information about it yet since I am not on that project, but since Chris has already thrown in a blog maybe they will let me talk more deeply and in more detail about the game during the design process this time around.

Hopefully I also get to be even more involved in the AI design process.

For the full press release see here: http://gaspowered.com/kingsandcastles/press-release/

8 comments:

BulletMagnet said... / February 14, 2010 at 8:49 PM  

"I wonder where they got the idea to have a blog."

hahaha. well played.

i'm now *really* curious about your current project. most of us were expecting you to be working this one.

Zach said... / February 14, 2010 at 9:16 PM  

"external project" eh?

Very, very interesting.

Very interesting.

Is it still in-house, or must you be completely mum about it?

olivier said... / February 14, 2010 at 10:23 PM  

Hi Sorian, and what about Supcom 2 support for the newt months ? who is going to work on bugs, new maps and so on ? Is GPG seriously taking care about people who are going to play supcom, meet bug, ask for additional stuff ? I mean Supcom 2 is even not released that GPG is making buzz on a new game like if Supcom 2 was allready past .... :-(

Sorian said... / February 14, 2010 at 10:32 PM  

Like many, if not all, developers we have multiple projects running along side each other. Kings and Castles is very early in development, I think Chris is just trying a new tactic of being more transparent about the design process. I heartily agree with this new idea.

As far as patch support for SC2 goes, that will depend on SE. So far it looks promising that SC2 will have all the post launch support it needs.

Collin said... / February 14, 2010 at 10:50 PM  

This looks great...hopefully it can replace Mount & Blade from my stable, as it looks to be a real RTS.

olivier said... / February 14, 2010 at 11:16 PM  

Thanks for the answer Sorian :)

Fran├žois said... / February 15, 2010 at 10:17 AM  

on some sites many people are wondering: why GPG and/or SE aren't releasing trailers, demos, battle reports on supcom2 when the launch date is 2 weeks away?

Chris Love said... / February 16, 2010 at 12:55 AM  

I agree, no info, at all, alot of us are starting to worry the release date will slip.

I was almost sure the BIG NEWS would be a demo, not another game years away from release.

Sorian, its asking a lot I know, but give us something, please.

Post a Comment