Video blog #5 is up

Video blog #5 is up at kingsandcastles.com. If you haven't been following the vblogs, now is the time to start. This time around Chris interviews Gautam Vasudevan (Lead Engineer - Kings and Castles) and barges in on an engineering meeting and interviews Chad Queen (VP of Engineering). Of course, there is also some craziness, this time involving trees.

Supreme Commander 2 has been out for about a week and half, and, at last count, it has been patched twice already, which is awesome. GameReplays.org is even getting ready to host its second tournament. It is nice to finally get to see the game out in the wild and being enjoyed. Now, if I could just get an opportunity to get in there and tweak the AI a bit...

I think I have about 3 more weeks on my current project (as I said, it was short term). I am looking forward to getting to take a crack at Kings and Castles and being on a project I can actually talk about. Hopefully, I get to dig into the AI more. On Supreme Commander 2 I only got to work on the AI for about a month. This time around I am hoping to work on the AI from start to finish. The base of the Supreme Commander 2 AI could definitely be used for Kings and Castles, which would give me more time to add in other cool and interesting ideas that pop into my head.

GDC 2010 ends tomorrow. Wish I could have made it this year, but oh well. I am definitely going to try to go next year.

4 comments:

Mazrix said... / March 13, 2010 at 3:11 AM  

Why do you guys have a pic of Kramer in the storage room? :P

scotchtape622 said... / March 13, 2010 at 10:55 PM  

I can't wait to hear all about KnC Sorian! And of course, you have made me even more curious about the "secret project."

ThaPear said... / March 14, 2010 at 11:40 AM  

Really curious about that "secret project". But what I'd really like to ask is if modding was intentionally removed. We're not really getting any answers off any GPG personnel so maybe you're allowed to answer?

Still an awesome blog and I enjoy reading it.

Sorian said... / March 14, 2010 at 10:02 PM  

Honestly not sure. If it was removed intentionally, they didn't tell me about it. I have been off the project for, what, a month and a half now. Hopefully I will learn more next week.

Post a Comment