$2.33 million

     The Kickstarter for Planetary Annihilation ended Friday September 14th and received $2.33 million of support between the Kickstarter and Paypal donations. The guys at Uber were kind enough to invite me to celebrate with them at their office while they live-streamed the last couple of hours before the Kickstarter ended, and they know how to throw a party. I can't wait for alpha access to start. My congratulations to the Uber crew on a very successful Kickstarter.
     I just submitted what I hope is the last revision of my article for the next AI Game Programming Wisdom book. It has been a far more involved process than I thought it would be. I can't imagine having to write a whole book. Of course, I didn't know I would be this busy when I agreed to write the article. Between work and home life I am amazed it got written at all.
     Work is still super busy. I currently get to spend half of my dev time working on AI related things while the other half is usually spent working on UI. This ratio is changing bit by bit to be more AI focused. It is interesting to see the AI behavior change and evolve over time from being non-existent to being able to make more sensible decisions. A couple of more sprints and it should be in good shape.

2 comments:

serge fjetland said... / September 25, 2012 at 3:21 PM  

what are the odds you will work on the PA AI? i know that is my wish!

on another note, and hints about Kings and Castles?

Michael Robbins said... / September 25, 2012 at 10:59 PM  

I definitely plan on modding the AI in PA.

Post a Comment